Kingsley Associates tracks national and market trends in office tenant perceptions each quarter. This quarter’s results show that tenant loyalty – as measured by the percentage of tenants who told us they “probably” or “definitely” would renew their lease – is at its highest point in the last 3 years (see the chart below).
This quarter’s results reveal some interesting differences across markets as well:
- Atlanta office tenants are the most optimistic about hiring additional people and needing more space.
- Nowhere in America are office tenants less interested in environmentally sustainable building practices than in Dallas.
- San Francisco exceeds the national average in tenant satisfaction, loyalty and economic outlook.
- In New York, tenant satisfaction and loyalty dipped during Q4.
- Tenants in Chicago are among the happiest, most loyal and most optimistic in the nation.
- Interest in environmentally sustainable building practices fell sharply in Denver throughout 2011.